Where to eat in Marrakech
- Very cheap, good and international:
Roti d ́or close Jamma el fna: Kennaria 17 | , Marrakesch 40000, + 212675452260
“La Cantine des Gazelles” 6 Dabachi Kennaria, very close to Jemaa el Fnaa, behind Cafe de France . may be the place where you get the best food at the best price, maroccan and international, Manü a la Carte about 9 Euro. Pleas make reservation in advance, because mostly full. phone: +212 624-061452.
- Good and cheap: Quartier Mouassine: the Bazaar, Menue 95 dh, Derb Sidi El Yamani, 24B. MarrakechTel: +212 (0) 5 24 38 72 83 / +212 (0) 6 18 17 99 62 mail: email@example.com web: www.bazaarcafe.ma.
- Dar Essalam, the eldest restaurant of Marrakech where Hitchkock made a film. Baautyful, very oriental style a little touristic with Gnawa and arab Musik and Bellydance, good music, good value for reasonable price (menue 250dh): 170, Riad Zitoune El Kedim, Marrakesch, +212 5244-43520. Menü ca 250Dh.
- During daytime in the Souk: Chez Abdelhay, open air, Place El Baroudiyine 43 46, Marrakesch,
+212 (0)6 75 90 16 90, für ca 65 DH degustation menue, a little bit of everything, mainly good bbq meat.
- Fish in Guiliz: Al Bahriya: 75 Bis Av. Moulay Rachid | Guéliz, Marrakesch 40000,
+212 626-415081. Everything very fresh: Super Paella, Super Fritture Royale for about 5 Euro enough for 2 persons, vegetable inclusive. You can as well choose the fresh fish on the bar and let it prepare for you. Very popular, this is where the Marakshis got to eat fish. You are sitting on long tables, not to comfortable, but certainly the bet and freshest and cheapest fish in Marrakech.
Close by there is a beergarden from the colonial timt that is not known by tourists. Ao you can drink your beer in an very arabic ambiance.
- Very nice view, good food at reasonable prices: La terrasse Ben Youssef: 98, Riad Laarouss Rue Sidi Abdellaziz, Me- dina, 00212 524386673.
- Eveil des sens, italien, Close 1Place 6 Novembre 32, rue Ibn Atya Gueliz, Marrakesch, +212 5244-58617.
- Close Ben Youssuf: Kunzin: http://www.kui-zin.com, international, 12, Rue Amsefah, Sidi Abdelaziz .Medina | 12, Rue Amsefah, Sidi Abdelaziz . Medina, Marrakesch 40000, +212 653-100088.
- At the Place Jamaa el fnaa place: Chez Zaza; nice terrasse, maroccan discret reasonable prices 21 Bab Ftouh, Mar- rakesch 40000, +212 673-081716.
- Rue darbachi: Chez Brahim, reasonable prices and good : 38 Rue Derb Dabachi | Jamaâ El Fna, Marrakesch 40000, +212 650236204.
- Al Alfassia Restaurant, only managed by women, Excellent food, 55 Boulevard Zerktouni | Guéliz, Marrakesch 40000, 0524434060, fantastic maroccan salads. don ́t miss, reservation ind advance highly recommended!!
- Karkach Café, nice , good and cheap franko/marrocan Restaurant, excellent food very esthetially served. very close to the place, Kennaria Rue des Banques, Marrakesch, Marokko +212 676-924030.
- Very close to Jamma el Fna in a little street, opposite Cafe de France, close to the olive Market you find the eldest Lamb restautans of the world. The lamb is baked in clay ovens in the earth (Mechoui) its the most apreciated meal of the marocans, The best lamb ever!! Insidertip. Let you show the ovens and take foto from the whole lambs that are baked ion a spear.Buy it at a price of 16 euros per kilo. They will bring it in a restaurant close by. Pay at the end at the place where yo have bought the lamb. – very special experience. Do not miss.
- After this enter the Rue Dabachi, that is very crowded and that leads to the very popular and poor quarter of Bensalah. After about 150 m at your right you will find the best fruit pulp shop of Marrakech where you get a mixt fruit pulp (panaché) for only 5 dirhams.
- Cooking workshops 250 dh, interesting social project of women in Guiliz; http://amalnonprofit.org/cook-with-us/ Angle Rues Allal ben Ahmad et Ibn Sina, Quartier l’Hopital Ibn Tofail, Marrakesch 40000, +212 5244-46896.
- Or (expensive but maybe the best!): Gemma , a lady from Netherlends who speaks well english and works with ma- rokkans. you will go to the maket and buy the ingredients, cook and eat together. The wortshops start at 9 am and end at 4 pm and cost 550 Dh. 9h à 16h. Reservation : firstname.lastname@example.org, oder Tel. 002126 73 80 49 55.